Friday 14 December 2007

Last job of 2007, The Woodman




And what a contrast to the previous job in Whetstone!

Lori and Vikki of The Woodman pub had contacted me in the summer as they were compiling an application to the local council for planning consent. They struck me straight away as focused, professional and with a clear idea on where their business was going. I spent some time working through the plans and worked out the correct bracketry to hang a 4m awning with lights and heaters. They knew what this sort of product would cost, and that's knowledge that is invaluable to me. I know I'm competitive and happily pitch myself against my competitors.

The planning was accepted and we were given the go ahead, beating 2 other quotes. My only concern was that I was having nose surgery a week before the proposed installation date, and I was supposed to spend 2 weeks resting after. Oh well, that's not going to happen!

The awning was delivered and installed on time, the colour scheme was perfect and I got paid straight away, faith truly restored. Thanks to everyone concerned. I wish them the very best of luck for the World Cup in 2010, let's hope England go all the way as it'll be great for the business. I'll be bussing over there for a few games in the summer